Spot Test Gas Detection Tubes
Air-Met Scientific are proud distributors of the colorimetric Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube system designed to accurately sample and determine hazardous and toxic gases and chemical vapour concentrations on the spot quickly and easily. Gas detectors tubes is an alternative to other analytical methods as it is simple to use, produces a rapid response, cost-effective and require low maintenance.
The Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube System consists of an air sampling pump and precision gas detector tubes. Lightweight, portable, and ergonomic, the Kitagawa air sampling pump draws 100cc of sample air through the detector tube. As the sample of air works its way up the tube towards the air sample pump, it reacts with the reagent and a colorimetric stain is created that is proportional in length to the concentration.
Each Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube has been formulated with high purity reagents in shatterproof tubes that absorb and react with the target gas or vapour being measured for complete accuracy.
Precision Gas Detector Tubes
Gas detector tubes are a great low-cost solution for on the spot measurements of many gases and vapours. With no need for calibration, the tips on each end of the detector tubes are cut off with the ceramic tip cutter on the Kitagawa Air Sampling Pump and inserted into the hand pump which draws a sample of air through the tube.
Reacting with the reagents in the tube, a colorimetric stain is produced, and the concentration can be read directly off the measurement scale on each tube.
Kitagawa Gas Detector Tubes are available to measure over 200 different gases and vapours, with many different concentration ranges available allowing the accurate detection of low concentrations and high concentrations.
Gas detector tubes for on-the-spot gas and vapour measurements
The versatile Gas Detector Tube System can be used in a variety of industries for the screening, spot sampling and testing of harmful gases and vapours in industrial environments.
Generally supplied in packs of ten tubes, Air-Met can supply gas detector tubes for the measurement and detection of gases including:
- Ammonia: suitable for process control, leakage detection in synthetic ammonia plants, fertilising manufacturing, refrigerant leak detection and occupational hygiene applications. Ammonia Gas Detection tubes from Kitagawa can be used for the sampling and analysis of ammonia quickly and accurately.
- Carbon dioxide: ideal for process control, air pollution analysis and more.
- Formaldehyde: suitable for atmospheric pollution surveys, germicide, fungicide organic manufacturing monitoring and more.
- Hydrogen: suitable for a range of occupational hygiene applications.
- Ozone gas: these detector tubes are suitable for process control, air pollution analysis and occupational hygiene applications.
- Hydrogen chloride: A corrosive vapour, these gas detector tubes are suitable for applications such as hydrogen chloride leakage detection, fire hazard detection, pharmaceuticals organics manufacturing and occupational hygiene applications.
- Ethylene: ideal for ethylene monitoring in coal mines, fruit ripening applications and plastic manufacturing applications.
For a complete list of the Kitagawa Gas Detection Tube System product range or a copy of the product brochure, contact your local Air-Met office at one of our six locations Australia wide.