Personal and Confined Space Gas Detectors
Portable gas detectors or monitors play a vital role in workplace OHS gas detection programs. Used in a variety of different industries from mining to manufacturing, refineries, wastewater. HVAC and more, gas detectors are an essential battery operated personal protective equipment worn on the body designed to provide precise measurements of harmful gases and alert workers on-site when gas levels exceed safe levels. They can also alert the worker when oxygen level falls in confined working spaces.
Gas detectors are used for a diverse range of applications including leak detection, confined space entry, area monitoring, shutdowns, emergency response, occupational hygiene and more.
Whether you are monitoring for flammable, toxic, or combustible gases or even volatile organic compounds, Air-Met offers a range of portable single-gas and multi-gas toxic gas detectors in a range of configurations to suit your monitoring needs.
Single Gas and Multi Gas Detectors
Air-Met Scientific offers a range of reliable and rugged single and multi-gas monitors designed to suit a wide range of applications. Single gas monitors, as the name suggests, are for monitoring one gas in particular whereas multi gas detectors can display readings for up to six gases simultaneously. The type of portable gas detector you require can depend on the industry, e.g. governed by regulations or what is best suited for the person using it. For firefighters carbon monoxide is the most common gas present so a single gas detector that can alert on unsafe levels of CO would be useful. However, in large construction projects a multi gas detector provide greater safety coverage. Easy to use and designed with the latest in gas detection technology, our range of gas detectors can monitor for a variety of gases including
- Methane (CH4)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
- Oxygen (O2)
- Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)
Our product range includes:
- Industrial Scientific MX6 iBrid Six Gas Monitor: A versatile 6 gas monitor, the MX6 iBrid features hundreds of possible sensor combinations, powerful 95dB audible alarm, a full colour LCD display in a robust IP64 rated enclosure. The MX6 iBrid is also ANZEx certified.
- Industrial Scientific Ventis Pro5: Show real-time gas readings and respond quickly to man-down and panic alarms via Industrial Scientific’s live monitoring software with the Ventis Pro5’s wireless connectivity capability.
- Industrial Scientific Ventis MX4: A highly compact device the same size as single monitors, the Ventis MX4 has the capability to detect up to four gases eliminating the need for multiple monitors. Rugged, lightweight and easy to wear, the Ventis MX4 can operate up to 20 hours for non-pumped instruments for those extra-long shifts.
- Industrial Scientific GasBadge Pro: A feature packed single gas monitor, the GasBadge Pro can detect unsafe levels of a range of gases including oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, phosphine and more. The GasBadge Pro is suitable for contractors and plumbers however a 4-gas monitor will be required for confined space entry.
- Industrial Scientific Tango TX1: A simple, low-cost maintenance free gas detector, the Tango TX1 is a single gas monitor with 2 year run time and offers a range of sensor options including CO, CO/H2 Low, H2S, NO2 and SO2.
With a wide range of configurations, options and accessories including docking stations and pumps, contact your local Air-Met Scientific office today at one of our six locations across Australia to discuss your gas monitoring needs with our teams of experts.