PhoCheck Tiger VOC Gas Detector
Revolutionary Hand Held PID Instrument for Rapid, Accurate Detection of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
The Tiger VOC detector is a revolutionary handheld PID instrument for rapid, accurate detection of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Its photoionisation detection (PID) capabilities utilise advanced patented Fence Electrode technology, a 3 electrode format with increased resistance to humidity and contamination.
A robust hand held VOC detector, Tiger provides a dynamic detection range of 1 parts per billion (ppb) to 20,000 parts per million (ppm), offering the widest measurement range of any other VOC detector on the market.
Ready to use straight out of the box, the Tiger VOC detector requires no complex set up procedures via a PC to perform basic functions and provides the best available VOC detection and software features available.
The Tiger VOC detector has the fastest response time on the market of just two seconds, and is just as quick to clear down. The instrument can be connected directly to a PC via the USB offering extremely fast data download capabilities.
Tiger has been designed for the safe replacement of batteries in hazardous environments. Long life rechargeable Li-ion batteries give up to 24 hours of use. Fast battery charging allows the instrument to be fully charged in 6.5 hours, while 8 hours of use can be achieved from 1.5 hours charge.
The unique six pin miniPID detector cell with anti-contamination design dramatically extends run time in the field. Low cost filters and lamps can be easily changed in seconds, minimising instrument downtime. Inexpensive disposable parts mean the Tiger VOC detector has the lowest running costs on the market.
Tiger is a fully upgradeable VOC detector with multiple functions to choose from. A base unit can be upgraded with data logging, health and safety and ppb options, remotely, without needing to be returned to the factory.
Tiger offers simple, one handed operation for easy VOC detection. Its rugged design and protective, removable rubber boot withstand the harshest environments. The large, clear back-lit display allows for easy viewing in any light condition. An integrated torch is designed for directing the instrument’s probe into dimly lit areas.
Tiger provides rapid, accurate detection of VOCs with exceptional resistance to humidity and contamination.
For more information on the PhoCheck Tiger VOC Gas Detector, contact your local Air-Met office.
Best available photoionisation detection (PID)
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Humidity resistant and anti-contamination design
- Unrivalled, accurate detection range from 1 ppb - 20,000 ppm
- Fast response time and clear down
- Internal gas table with over 480 VOCs & toxic compounds
- Fast start up with no complicated set up
- Battery life up to 24 hours continual use
- Simple icon driven menu requires minimal user training
- Direct USB connectivity for fast data download
- Instrument easily upgradeable via Ion Science website
Ease of use
- Intuitive, easy to use software
- Easy access sensor, electrode stack and lamps
- Large clear keypad and slim design allows one handed operation
- Keypad backlit in low light conditions
- Accurate results in all environmental conditions
- Intrinsically safe; meets ATEX, IECEx, UL and CSA standards
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- 5 year warranty when instrument registered online*
*Terms and conditions apply
|Minimum Resolution*||1 ppb or 0.001 mg/m3|
|Maximum Reading**||20,000 ppm or 20,000 mg/m3|
|Accuracy*||± 5% display reading ± one digit|
|Linearity*||± 5% to 100 ppm|
|Intrinsically Safe Approvals||ATEX II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 (- 15 0C ≤Ta ≤+60 0C), IECEx and CUL|
|Battery Life||Li-ion: life up to 24 hours, charge time 6.5 hours|
|Alkaline: 3 x AA, up to 8.5 hours life|
|Lamps||10.6 eV Krypton PID lamp (standard) and 11.7eV lamps available|
|Data Logging*||> 120,000 data log points including date and time stamp (33 hours at 1 log per second)|
|Calibration||Via calibration kit accessory|
|Alarm||Flashing LED and 95 dBA at 300mm (12”) audible sounder|
|Selectable vibrating alarm|
|Pre-programmed TWA and STEL*|
|Pre-programmed with 450 gases*|
|Flow Rate||220 ml/min with flow fail alarm|
|Temperature||Operating: -20 to 60 °C, -4 to 140 °F (non Intrinsically Safe)|
|Humidity: 0-99% RH (non condensing)|
|Protection||Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)|
|C E 1180|
|EMC tested to EN61326-1:2006, EN50270:2006 & CFR 47:2008 Class A|
|Weight & Dimensions||Instrument without probe:|
|Width: 340 x Height: 90 x Depth: 60 mm (13.4 x 3.6 x 2.4”)|
|Standard case: 420 x 320 x 97 mm (16.5 x 12.5 x 3.8”)|
|Instrument weight 0.72 kg (25 oz)|
*Model and gas dependent.
**Maximum reading is achieved with certain analytes such as ethanol.
- Aircraft / wing tank entry
- Arson Investigation
- Automotive Manufacture
- CFCs in landfill sites
- Chemical Storage
- Clandestine labs
- Environmental Clean Up After Spillage
- Fence Line Monitoring for Plume Detection
- Filter Monitoring
- Fruit Ripening
- Fuel Vapour Detection
- Fugitive Emissions
- Fumigation Gases (such as formaldehyde)
- Gas Line Leakage
- General Atmosphere Monitoring for Tracing Chemicals
- Glove and Fume Box Monitoring
- Head Space Monitoring
- Health & Safety, STEL & TWA Monitoring in Confined Spaces
- Illegal Dumping of Chemicals
- Indoor Air Quality Measuring Industrial Volatiles
- Industrial Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
- Marine spills
- Medical Gases within Hospitals
- Offshore Gas Monitoring
- Perimeter Monitoring
- Petrochemical Storage
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Screening Tool for First Responders
- Semiconductor production
- Sileage silos
- Soil sample screening
- Solvent Recovery Systems
- Solvents in Clean Rooms
- Spillage Investigation
- VOC Leak Detection
- VOC Monitoring