Groundwater is a valuable natural resource with a wide variety of uses including drinking water for humans and livestock, agriculture and industrial applications and sustainability in various ecosystems. Groundwater samples are periodically collected to monitor the chemistry and quality of water. The assessment of surface water and groundwater resources is an important practice in environmental groundwater management.This is often completed for site compliance and remedial performance monitoring.
The type of sampling equipment or sampling system required used for groundwater depends on a variety of characteristics such as the type of well and the depth of the water to the groundwater surface. Whether you need a low flow sampling system, portable bladder pumps or peristaltic pumps, our teams can assist in selecting the most suitable equipment for sample collection is important to ensure the data obtained satisfies your study and data quality requirements.
Groundwater Pump Systems
Depending on your groundwater sampling requirements, Air-Met Scientific offer a range of industry preferred groundwater pumps, controllers, reclaimer systems and kits available for purchase or hire. Our product range includes
- Geotech Peristaltic Pump: Ideal for shallow well and surface water sources, the Geotech Peristaltic Pump can operate from 30 to 600 RPM and to a depth of 8 meters. It operates by mechanical peristalsis so the sample only comes in contact with the tubing. This allows for consistent sample integrity as well as easy cleaning.
- Bladder Pumps: Easy to use, portable pneumatically operated and are ideal for groundwater quality and pollution monitoring. Available in dedicated or portable versions.
- Waterra PowerPack PP1: A powerful high-performance petrol-powered pump providing mechanical actuation for pumping with the ability to lift water from over 60m in depth.
- Groundwater Sampling Controllers: Available for sale and/or rental, our range of controllers are sourced from leading suppliers such as Geotech Environmental Equipment and QED. Controllers available operate a range of PSIs and can be either petrol, battery or gas-operated.
- Submersible Pumps: Air-Met’s range of submersible pumps such as the Waterra Super Twister are designed to operate under harsh conditions and is suitable for continuous sampling and well purging.
For more information about Air-Met Scientific’s range of groundwater monitoring equipment, contact one of our six locations located Australia wide today.