For 8-hour Sampling of Bioaerosols into Liquid.
Bioaerosols are airborne particles of biological origin (e.g., bacteria, fungi, pollen, viruses) and their by-products such as endotoxins or mycotoxins and other fragments. While there is no standardised method for bioaerosol collection at this time, many organisations, including SKC, are researching improved measurement techniques. The BioSampler is a result of SKC's work with leading scientists at the University of Cincinnati.
Many of the same techniques that are used for non-biological aerosols can be used for bioaerosols. However, to properly evaluate bioaerosol samples, collection procedures must ensure the survival or biological activity of bioaerosol particles during and after collection. The BioSampler is highly effective at collecting viable samples.
For more information on the SKC BioSampler, contact your local Air-Met office.
- Allows use of non-evaporating collection liquids
- Significantly reduces particle bounce and re-aerosolisation
- Preserves microorganism integrity and viability
- Reusable — can be autoclaved
- Provides greater sampling efficiency over longer sampling time
- Collected bioaerosols can be analysed by a variety of methods
Up to 8 hours
|Sample Rate||Sonic flow through BioSampler nozzles (12.5 L/min)|
Water or more viscous liquids such as ViaTrap mineral oil
Contact a laboratory for required collection liquid.
|Tubing||1/4-inch ID and 3/8-inch ID|
- Indoor air quality investigations
- Infection control in hospitals and veterinary clinics
- Quantification of microorganisms in agricultural dust
- Biological research
- Infectious disease investigations in public buildings
- Safety concerns in the food handling industry
- Workplace exposures in industries such as pulp and paper mills or waste water treatment plants