Button Sampler Inhalable Sampler with Protective Shield
Button Aerosol Sampler with protective shield, for abrasive blasting applications
The patented* reusable SKC Button Aerosol Sampler is a filter sampler with a porous curved-surface inlet designed to improve the collection characteristics of inhalable dust (<100-µm aerodynamic diameter), including bioaerosols for viable or non-viable analysis. The curved, multi-orificed inlet, made of conductive stainless steel, reduces electrostatic effects and reduces sensitivity to wind direction and velocity. The proximity of the filter to the inlet minimizes transmission losses and provides equal distribution of particle loading and low intersample variation. The Button Sampler closely follows the ACGIH/ISO sampling criteria for inhalable particulate mass at 4 L/min. A convenient conductive plastic transport case is available for shipping the filters to a laboratory for analysis.
* U.S. Patent Nos. 5,954,845 and 5,958,111
For more information on the Button Sampler, contact your local Air-Met office.
- 4 L/min flow rate enhances sensitivity
- Closely follows the ACGIH/ISO sampling criteria for inhalable particulate mass at 4 L/min
- Low sensitivity to wind direction and velocity
- Stainless steel construction reduces electrostatic effects
- Small and lightweight for personal sampling
- Inlet design reduces oversampling of very large particles
- Can collect bioaerosols for viable or non-viable analysis
- Kit available for sampling heavy metals during abrasive blasting
- Ideal for personal and area sampling
|Flow Rate||4 L/min*|
|Sampling Inlet||Conductive stainless steel|
|Support Screen||Stainless steel|
|Clip||Stainless steel and nylon|
|O-rings||PTFE (inlet) and BUNA-N (body)|
|Inhalable Dust||Gravimetric (GR)|
|Fungal Spores||Epifluorescence microscopy, immunoassay, or polymerase chain reaction (PCR)|
|Metals||X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)|
* The Button Sampler closely follows the ACGIH/ISO inhalability curve at 4 L/min. This provides optimum sampling.
** A filter pore size of 1.0 µm or larger is recommended for use with the Button Sampler to reduce back pressure.
- Personal and area sampling