Noise Indicator NI-100
Easy-to-Use, Durable and Economical Noise Indicating Device that Alerts Users when Noise Levels Exceed 85dB.
The TSI Noise Indicator alerts users to potentially dangerous noise levels, helping identify areas where hearing protection may need to be worn. Users simply clip the Noise Indicator to a shirt or jacket; its LED light delivers a clear indication when noise levels exceed a potentially hazardous threshold.
Red Flashing LED:
Noise levels are above 85 dBA – hearing protection may be required.
Green Flashing LED:
Noise levels are below 85 dBA – hearing protection may not be necessary.
The Noise Indicator’s small size and lightweight design make it ideal for workers in a variety of industries. With a rechargeable battery that operates for up to 200 hours between charges, it’s an economical investment in your employee hearing awareness program.
The NI-100 can be used as an effective training tool within a Hearing Conservation Program (consult OSHA Standard 1910.95) to help ensure workers know when and where to wear hearing protection. Industrial Hygienists can also use it as a mapping tool to determine where noise studies are necessary.
For more information on the Noise Indicator NI-100 contact your local Air-Met office.
Noise Indicator NI-100 Features:
- One of the most affordable noise detection options available for monitoring noise levels, with a durable, small, lightweight design
- Easy to use. Simply clip the Noise Indicator to a shirt or jacket
- To turn on, press and hold button until double green/red light flashes
- Rechargeable battery that operates for up to 200 hours between charges
- Recognised as one of the most innovative, high quality and revolutionary ideas in technology by Popular Science
- LI-Poly (flat cell) w/ 200 hours of battery life before recharge is necessary
- Dimensions are 5.1cm (L) x 3.6cm (W) x 1.3cm (D) or 2"(L) x 1.4" (W) x .52" (D)
Noise Indicator NI-100 Specification:
|Battery Life||200 hours, approximately 2 years charging cycle|
|Battery Type||LI-Poly (flat cell)|
|Charging||A mini-USB cable (sold separately) plugs into bottom port of device|
|Net Weight||17 g|
|Auto-Power Off||The device will power off after approximately 10 hours|
|Alert Level||Flashes red when >85 dBA / Flashes green when <85 dBA|
|Humidity Range||0 to 95%; non-condensing|
|Temp. Operating/Storage||14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C|
Noise Indicator NI-100 Applications:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing
- Metal Processing