MiniRAE 2000 Portable VOC Monitor
Portable PID for the Fast Detection of Volatile Organic Compounds.Request a Quote
The rugged MiniRAE 2000 is the smallest pumped handheld volatile organic compound (VOC) monitor on the market. Its Photoionization Detector’s (PID) extended range of 0 to 10,000 ppm makes it an ideal instrument for applications from environmental site surveying to HazMat/ Homeland Security.
Proven PID technology
The patented sensor provides a 3-second response up to 10,000 ppm and sets a new standard for resistance to moisture and dirt.
Wireless communication enabled and certified
Self-cleaning lamp and sensor
The patented self-cleaning lamp and sensor minimise the need for maintenance and calibration.
- The MiniRAE 2000 lamp and sensor can be taken apart in seconds for easy maintenance without tools!
Measure more chemicals than with any other PID
With over 100 Correction Factors built into the MiniRAE 2000 memory and the largest printed list of Correction Factors in the world (300+), RAE Systems offers the ability to accurately measure more ionisable chemicals than any other PID. When a gas is selected from the MiniRAE 2000’s library, the alarm points are automatically loaded into the meter.
- User friendly screens make it easy to use for simple applications and flexible enough for sophisticated operations.
When work schedules require putting in more than the 10 hours supplied by the standard NiMH battery, the drop-in alkaline pack supplied with every MiniRAE 2000 lets you finish the job.
Rugged Rubber Boot
The standard rubber boot helps assure that the MiniRAE 2000 survives the bumps and knocks of tough field use.
- Strong, built-in sample pump draws up to 100 feet (30 m) horizontally or vertically.
- Tough, flexible inlet probe
- Large keys operable with 3 layers of gloves.
- Easy-to-read display with backlight.
- Stores up to 267 hours of data at one minute intervals for downloading to PC.
|Size||8.2 “ (21.8 cm) L x 3.” (7.62 cm) W|
|x 2.” (5.08 cm) H|
|Weight||19.5 oz (553 gm) with battery pack|
|Detector||Photo-ionization sensor with standard 10.6 eV|
|or optional 9.8 or 11.7 eV UV lamp|
|Battery||Rechargeable, external, field replaceable Nickel Metal Hydride battery pack. Alkaline battery holder (for 4 AA) supplied|
|Operating Hours||10 hours continuous|
|Battery Charging||Up to 10 hours charge through built-in smart charger|
|Display||Large LCD, manual, darkness and alarm activated|
|Range, Resolution and Response Time (t90)||Isobutylene (calibration gas)|
|0-999 ppm 0.1 ppm < 3 sec|
|100-10,000 ppm 1 ppm < 3 sec|
|Measurement Accuracy||± 2 ppm or 10% of reading < 2000 ppm|
|± 20% of reading > 2000 ppm|
|Calibrated to 100 ppm isobutylene|
|PID Detector||Easy access to lamp and sensor for cleaning and replacement|
|Correction Factors||102 built-in VOC gases|
|Calibration||Two points field calibration of zero and standard reference gas. Calibration memory of 8 calibration gases, alarm limits, span values and calibration date|
|Robust Inlet Probe||Flexible 5” (13 cm) tubing|
|Large Keypads||1 operation and 2 program keys|
|Direct Readout||Instantaneous, average, STEL and peak value, battery voltage and elapsed time|
|Intrinsic Safety||UL & cUL Class 1, Division I, Group A, B, C, D (US & Canada), Eex ia IIC T4 (Europe)|
|Alarm Setting||Separate preset alarm limit for high, low, STEL|
|and TWA alarm|
|Operating Mode||Survey or Hygiene, user selectable|
|Audible Alarm||90 db buzzer|
|Visual Alarm||Flashing red LED|
|External Alarm||Optional plug in pen size vibration alarm|
|Alarm Mode||Latching or automatic reset|
|Data Logging||15,000 points with time/date. Header information includes monitor serial number, user ID, site ID, date and time|
|Communication||Download data and upload instrument setup from PC through RS-232 link to serial port|
|Remote Control||Power On/Off and data logging through RS-232 port|
|Analogue Output||Calibrated output, user selectable full-scale range|
|Sampling Pump||Internal integrated flow rate 400 cc/minute|
|Sample from 100’ (30m) horizontally or vertically|
|Low Flow Alarm||Auto shut off pump at low flow condition|
|Temperature||14°F to 104°F (-10°C to 40°C)|
|Humidity||0% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)|
- Air pollution — trance, toxic gases
- Leaking underground storage tanks
- Monitoring drums, perimeter fence line
- Leak detection — fugitive emissions (EPA Method 21)
- Soil, well and water head space analysis
- Vapour recovery breakthrough Industrial Hygiene, Health,
- Safety and Plant Applications
- Confined space entry — broad band, real time monitoring of low level toxic gases
- Emergency response to hazardous spills
- Indoor air quality in new, sick and mixed usage buildings
- Personnel monitoring — determine levels for personal protective
- equipment (PPE)
- Survey instrument —prioritisation of sample collection
- Work place monitoring — peak, STEL and TWA