CMS-4000 Continuous Hydrocarbon Monitoring System
Continuous Real Time Hydrocarbon Monitoring System.Request a Quote
The CMS-4000 is a simple, reliable tool to measure and monitor total petroleum hydrocarbons in water. With no moving parts and corrosion protected components, the system can be utilized in many different applications.
The CMS-4000 logger with the Fibre Optic Chemical Sensor (FOCS®) detects the presence of petroleum hydrocarbons in water.
The FOCS probe takes advantage of the interaction between the light traveling through a fibre and a water solution containing petroleum hydrocarbons. As the concentration of hydrocarbons increases, the light scattered from the proprietary probe fibre increases in a quantitative relationship. The probe output is monitored by a controller that has 0-5 volt or 4-20 mA output and remote access capability. The system can monitor up to four (4) probes. The probe is intrinsically safe* and designed to be remotely mounted in hazardous locations.
*When used with the FCI Environmental Intrinsic Safety Barrier.
- Reliable tool that measures petroleum hydrocarbons in water
- Used in applications where Web connection is NOT required
- Used where logger needs to communicate with other equipment in the plant
- Continuous data collection and recording Intrinsically safe probe network*
- Analogue (V or mA) output
- Connect up to 4 DHP hydrocarbon probes
- Real time remote monitorin
0-2,000 ppm as TPH
|Lower Limit of Detection||0.1 ppm as xylene|
|Hydrocarbons Detected||C6 and higher MW petroleum hydrocarbons|
|Accuracy/Precision||±10% of reading|
|Response Time (initial)||<15 seconds|
|Response Time (to 95%)||<5 minutes|
|Operating Temperature Range||0° - 50° C|
|Trend Correlation with GC data||98% vs. EPA Method 8020|
- Process water
- Waste water
- Oil field produced water
- Separation vessel effluent
- Storm water run-off
- Bilge and ballast water
- Groundwater remediation monitoring
- Carbon filter bed breakthrough
- Heat exchanger leak detection