THM 1176 Magnetic Field Meter
Magnetometer for Magnetic Fields from 0 Hz (DC) to 1 kHz.Request a Quote
Magnetic field meter for fields from 0 Hz (DC) to 1 kHz.
Non-directional measurement with isotropic (3 axis) Hall probe
Heavy duty (3 Tesla) and highly sensitive (8 mT) field probes
Small dimension sensors and USB interface for precision measurements in large field gradients
The isotropic sensor measures the magnetic field strength (flux density). The extremely compact design means that the instrument can be used as a hand held unit or in combination with a PC.
The probe is designed for magnetic fields from 0 Hz up to 1 kHz. Typical applications include medicine e.g. magnetic resonance tomography (MRT), metallurgy, or electric railroads.
- Three axes: Simultaneous measurement of all three axes of the magnetic field provides the total field, no matter the orientation of the probe.
- Microscopic field sensitive volume: The High Field sensor volume of only 150 x 150 x 10 µm3 provides excellent localization and a self-consistent measurement of the three axes even in highly inhomogeneous fields. The Low Field sensor volume is 6 x 3.4 x 10 mm³.
- Magnetic fields up to 20 T: The High Field probe allows measuring even very strong fields as far as 20 Tesla. The standard calibration covers the range up to 3 T. The Low Field probe measures up to 8 mT with a resolution of 2 µT.
- Bandwidth of DC to 1 kHz: The 1 kHz bandwidth allows measuring AC fields generated, for example, by transformers and motors.
- Graphical results display: Magnetic flux density vs. time can be displayed as a graph. Measurement data can also be recorded to file.
- PDA with touchscreen (option)
3 Tesla Probe
Low Field Probe
(Automatic or Manual Ranging)
±100 mT, ±300 mT, ±1 T, ±3 T
- No Averaging
|100 μT||2 μT|
|Uncertainty:||On the order of ±1% of reading||±20 μT|
|Units||T, mT, μT, nT, kG, G, mG, MHzp (NMR frequency of proton), ADC|
|User Offset Correction:||To be performed before each series of measurements, in Zero Gauss Chamber supplied|
|Bandwidth:||DC to 1 kHz|
|Sample rate:||Immediate Trigger (Default)||Approx. 6.8 kSa/s (free-running, until internal buffer is full)|
0.36 Sa/s to 5.3 kSa/s (into internal buffer)
0.36 Sa/s to 2.3 kSa/s (during USB readout)
|Bus trigger (via USB)||
Up to approx. 400 Hz (until internal buffer is full)
Notes: 1 sample = (Bx, By, Bz); Internal buffer size = 4096 samples
|Interface:||USB 2.0, full speed (12 Mbps)|
|Class / USB Driver:||
USBTMC (USB Test & Measurement Class) / USB488
DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade)
|Protocol:||IEEE 488.2, SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments)|
|Connector:||USB Type A|
USB bus-powered, 4.3V to 5.25V
35 mA min (idle, power-saver on), 90 mA max
|Wake-up Time from Power-Saver:||100 ms|
- Measurements on medical equipment (magnetic resonance imaging, MRI)
- Metal production equipment
- Railway systems