Geotech Small Diameter Filter Scavenger
A Hydrocarbon Recovery System Designed to Fit in 4” (10cm) Wells or Larger.Request a Quote
The Geotech Small Diameter Filter Scavenger™ is an active hydrocarbon recovery system capable of recovering a wide range of floating hydrocarbons from groundwater. The system is designed to fit into a 4" (10cm) well or larger.
The Geotech Small Diameter Filter Scavenger™ (SDFS) uses a floating intake cartridge which follows the fluctuations of the water table up to 12" (30cm). Systems capable of handling 3' (1 m) of water table fluctuations are available upon request. The intake cartridge consists of a float and a specially treated oleophilic / hydrophobic membrane.
This unique membrane allows hydrocarbons to enter the cartridge while simultaneously repelling water. The system reduces the thickness of hydrocarbon layers down to a sheen. It can be operated either alone or in conjunction with a water table depression pump.
- Unique design makes product recovery more efficient than total fluids or dual phase extraction
- Ideal for wells with static fluid levels down to 150' (46m) deep
- Operates reliably in fluctuating water levels
- Uses oleophilic/hydrophobic membrane to separate and recover oil from water table down hole
- 100% portable for use well to well or site to site
- Highly efficient water-free product recovery
- Custom applications available to meet your site specific conditions
- Fully automated operation
- Complemented results with use of water table depression pump
- Explosion proof controls available for use in hazardous environments (Class I, Div 1)
|Applications||4" (10.3cm) or larger recovery wells with fluctuating water tables (12" standard fluctuation range)|
|Recovery Rate||Up to .5 gpm (1.9 lpm) = 720 gal /day @ 90' (2,750 L /day @ 27m)|
|Max. Operating Depth||100 feet (46.1m)|
4" (SDFS) – 3.5" dia. x 69" length / 50 lbs. (9cm x 176.9 cm /22.7 kg)
6" (SDFS) – 5.5" dia. x 69" length / 50 lbs. (14cm x 176.9cm /22.7 Kg)
|Power Requirements||115 / 230 VAC 50 / 60 HZ|
|Oil ⁄Water Separation||Oleophilic / hydrophobic membranes for gasoline, diesel, and other hydrocarbons.|
System Geotech Small Diameter Filter Scavenger™ downwell module with 100 ft. (30m) of probe cable, 100 ft. (30m) pump power cord, 100 ft. (30m) of 3/8" product tubing, 12 volt power supply in a NEMA 4 enclosure.
Geotech Environmental Control Module with NEMA 4X enclosure, in-line water table depression pump, tank-full shut-off, spare parts kit (fuses, bulbs, union), wench & shroud, XP NEMA 7 controls.
- Groundwater monitoring applications
- Hydrocarbon recovery applications
- Well monitoring applications