HydraSleeve SpeedBag’s unique design minimises in-well mixing and eliminates the wait for well restabilisation.Request a Quote
The Speedbag (US Patent No. 6,481,300; No. 6,837,120; others pending) is a new version of our standard HydraSleeve that minimises drag down when placing the SpeedBag HydraSleeve in the well. The original SpeedBag was an altered standard 2-inch HydraSleeve. We now have updated the size to accommodate more sample volume.
No waiting! No equilibration time! Immediate retrieval! Purchase fewer weights for one job! Save even more on your groundwater sampling programs! The video seen below shows the effects of a (modified HydraSleeve) Speedbag on mixing in the water column when deployed in a 2-inch schedule 40 well.
- For the first deployment at a new site, the user can collect the first sample using the Speedbag and then leave a fresh standard HydraSleeve or SpeedBag in the well screen to be recovered for the next round of sampling.
- Immediate recovery will allow for significant time savings when conducting comparison studies. Just one trip to the well when comparing HydraSleeves to pumped samples.
- Where budgets are tight one weight can be utilised to sample all wells. There is no need to have one weight per well; simply decontaminate the same weight and reuse it for all of the wells.
- The in/out method utilitsed with the Speedbag reduces sample turbidity. It only collects sediment that is suspended in the sample zone at the time of collection. This eliminates the accumulation of in-well sediment on top of the sampler over time. In fact, it provides the least turbid samples possible with the HydraSleeve.
- A 900 mls sample can be collected from any open well (2-inch schedule 80 and larger) at any time with sampling equipment that fits in your tool box. Please remember to oscillate the Speedbag several times when using these in wells that are larger than 2 inch diameter
- The SpeedBags can be easily shortened to recover less sample volume. There is even a weld mark along the side of the SpeedBag which marks the size needed to collect 500 mls of sample.
|HydraSleeve Speedbag Specifications|
37 inches (93.98cm)
1.7" O.D. when full
|Volume||Will hold approximately 900mls of sample volume|
|Patents||US Patent No. 6,481,300; No. 6,837,120; others pending|
- Sample low yield wells
- Long term groundwater monitoring
- Sample crooked or constricted wells
- Vertically define contaminant, concentrations
- Sample discreet intervals from surface water bodies and tanks