AquaVISION Colloidal Borescope
The AquaVISION Colloidal Borescope measures groundwater velocity, direction and particle size in real-time.Request a Quote
- Colloidal view video microscope with magneto-resistive digital compass for viewing of groundwater speed and direction.
- Camera control unit for borescope probe incorporating camera and lighting power supplies, serial data connection for the digital compass (USB), and transmission of live downwell video (Express Card, ~54mm).
- Includes hand reel, carrying case, camera control unit, probe, video card and drivers, relevant cables and connectors.
- AC and DC power cords for convenient, versatile power source operation.
- Reinforced composite video underwater camera cable incorporating Kevlar® longitudinal strain relief and polyurethane outer jacket.
- Cable lengths of 100-1000 feet (200' standard)
- 20' splash proof extension cable for connecting camera control unit to reel on systems 300' and longer.
- AquaLITE software
- Detailed operation manual with full instructions on how to operate the instrument.
|Applications||2" (5.8cm) or larger well diameter|
|Maximum Operating Depth||1,000'|
|Maximum Water Pressure||3,000' water column|
|AC Power Requirements*||90-240 VAC 47 to 63 Hz. 7 Watts.|
|Service requirement||<1 amp.|
|DC Power Requirements*||10 to 16V DC @ <1 amp.|
|Probe Size||21.25" L x 1.75" OD|
|Probe Weight||5 lbs.|
|Probe Housing Material||300 series stainless steel|
|Optional Window Material||Sapphire|
|Camera Control Unit Size||3.98" W x 7.89" L x 3.16" H|
|Camera Control Unit Weight||2 lbs.|
|Cable Size||.32" OD (customer specified length from 100' to 1000')|
|Cable Jacket Material||Urethane (composite cable material ROHS compliant)|
|Electrical Component Material||Non-ROHS compliant (dispose of properly)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10° to 45° C (14° to 113° F)|
|Camera Field of View||2.7mm x 2mm|
|Depth of Focus||.2mm|
|Minimum Velocity||0 mm/s|
|Maximum Velocity||30 mm/s|
|Minimum Particle Size||10µm|
|Maximum Particle Size||Within camera field of view|
*Not including laptop or PC
- Assessing groundwater capture zones
- Planning locations for monitoring and extraction wells
- Accurately calibrating groundwater models
- Tidal influences
- Industrial hydrology
- Gathering evidence for groundwater contamination litigations
- Can observe flow at the pore scale which measure velocities ranging from 0 to 25 mm/sec
- Evaluate “cross-hole” hydraulic connections