Refrigerant Gas Detection
Refrigerants are a collection of gases that are commonly used in anything that keeps things cool including in air conditioners, freezers, fridges and even car air conditioners.
Traditional refrigerants include chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) however these are now being phased out due to their ozone depleting effects and have been replaced by ozone friendly gases such as R134a, R407 and R410a.
Even at low levels, prolonged exposure to these toxic gases due to leakage can still result in serious health issues when exposed. These include nausea, headaches and even asphyxiation at high levels.
Early identification of leaks not only plays a vital role from a health perspective, it can also help to maintain operational efficiency, reduce energy costs, and prevent significant loss of refrigerant.
Identify Refrigerant Gases at Low Levels
Designed to pinpoint refrigerant gas leaks at low levels early on, Air-Met’s range of refrigerant gas detectors are sourced from leading local and international suppliers and are engineered with the latest technology.
The Air-Met range is engineered to be highly accurate and effective and is manufactured by industry leaders, including:
- Monotox Infrared NDIR: Utilising the latest non-dispersive infrared technology, the Monotox-IR offers unparalleled performance and reliability in the discovery of carbon dioxide, sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) , as well as HFC and HFO refrigerants.
- Sensitron SMART3G: A versatile monitor to find flammable compounds (%LEL), toxic compounds (ppm) and oxygen levels. With 3 models in the series, there’s a SMART3G model to suit most monitoring environments.
- SmartGas Transmitter: A cost-effective transmitter, the SmartGas Transmitter utilises NDIR technology to offer long-life reliable and accurate performance and significantly reduces the risk of false alarms. Ideal for a wide range of applications including process control monitoring, food storage room monitoring and more.
- Haloguard IR: A highly sensitive (1ppm) photoacoustic infrared detector ideal for monitoring leaks in refrigeration equipment, machinery rooms, cold storage areas and more.
- Haloguard III: A cost-effective continuous leak monitor for wide area applications with a measuring range of 0-100 ppm of all refrigerants.
- Haloguard II/IR: Provides continuous and highly selective and sensitive refrigerant leak discovery and notification for R11, R12, R22, 123 and 134a refrigerants.
- Haloguard I: Provides continuous identification and notification for non-selective PPM detection of CFC, HFC and HCFC refrigerants